Welcome to Lift Your Heart With Smiles!!

I'm so very glad you took the time to stop by. This is a place where I hope everyone can find something to lift their heart. Be it a photo, an inspirational note, a story that helps us laugh at those not-so-funny moments in life or something to help lift our spirits and our faith.


Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Wings of Faith....

"How precious is Your love, O God!  We take refuge in the shadow of Your wings."  ~Psalm 36:8

How many of you remember the song "The Wind Beneath My Wings"?  When I hear it, I think of an eagle soaring in the sky, wings outstretched, catching the winds to go where it needs to go.   Another thought that comes to mind are the clouds floating in the sky and ever changing with the winds.  When this song came out it was used in so many different ways and with different interpretations.  Some were singing the song for family members, some for volunteer organizations and some in a spiritual way.  I guess the meaning would always be the same - that someone feels another is their strength, guide, protector and/or hero.

I have had family and friends fall into this category during my life.  People who inspired me, supported me and helped me along life's path.  People who brought joy to my life and helped me to be who I am today.  It was wonderful having them in my life when I needed them and so very, very sad when they were no longer there.   I know that change is a part of life, but having to change from having those who played a large part in my life  to not having those people there, has always been extremely difficult for me.   I cannot think of anyone who enjoys saying good-bye, be it to a way of life, a family member, a dear friend, or even a place where they felt safe and secure.  Most of us have said good-bye too many times already in our lives and I for one, would like more stability in this area of my life.  It is said that nothing stays the same and I guess this is correct.  I have had very special people in my life who are no longer there.  For some, it was their choice to move on and for others it was God's choice.  I have been on one path in life, feeling it was where I was supposed to be, but as suddenly as a storm blows through, the winds changed and I found myself on a new path with many unknowns in front of me.  

In the Psalm above, it states we should take refuge in the shadow of our Lord's wings.  For me, this is the only way I have been able to continue to move forward when these changes threatened to suffocate me in sadness or change.  I hope I, and you, will always remember this Psalm, remember that God's love is always there and seek to find refuge from these difficult times in the shadows of  the Wings of God.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment