Welcome to Lift Your Heart With Smiles!!

I'm so very glad you took the time to stop by. This is a place where I hope everyone can find something to lift their heart. Be it a photo, an inspirational note, a story that helps us laugh at those not-so-funny moments in life or something to help lift our spirits and our faith.


Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Our Temporary Home....


"God has made everything beautiful in its time.  He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; 
yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end."  ~Ecclesiastes 3:11

If God hath made this world so fair
Where sin and death abound,
How beautiful beyond compare
Will paradise be found.
~James Montgomery


"This is My Temporary Home" are the words found in a song by Carrie Underwood - another song that inspires me.  Every day we can look around us and see the blessings of God.  Beautiful scenery, people who love us, both family and friends, beautiful music that touches our hearts, hope, the means to care for ourselves and so much more. 

For all the blessings and the beauty that God has put on this earth for us to enjoy, He will place so much more in our eternal home. My Mom used to tell me, "honey, when things get tough for you, just look around you and you will find someone else who is worse off than you."  During my growing up years, at the times in my life when I was feeling down and she would tell me this, somehow it didn't seem to help.  I was hurting and even though I could see others hurting for much worse reasons, it didn't take my pain away.  Don't get me wrong, I did feel bad for those others and prayed for their lives to improve, but I still had my pain and disappointments to deal with.   Even today, I sometimes remember to look around me and I do see others in worse situations than mine.  I try to put things into perspective and consider the blessings I have that perhaps they don't.  But personal pain is still pain and we each must work through it.  When I first heard the song about this being our temporary home it gave me a new perspective and a new way of looking at the difficult, and at times, seemingly impossible problems I was dealing with - The stresses at work that wear me down each day, attempting to hold on to a  friendship when the other person is pulling away and my not understanding why, personal dilemmas because of family disagreements and wanting to make things right, mountains given to me by God that seem impossible to climb and reach the top.  More and more as I face these difficult times in my life, I am going to do my best to remember the verse of this song:

"This is my temporary Home
It's not where I belong
Windows and rooms that I'm passin' through
This was just a stop, on the way To where I'm going
I'm not afraid because I know this was
My temporary home."

~
"Then I saw a new Heaven and a new earth.  The former Heaven had passed away, and the sea was no more.  I also saw the Holy City, a new Jerusalem, coming down out of Heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.  I heard a loud voice from the throne, 'Behold, God's dwelling is with the human race.  He will dwell with them and they will be his people and God himself will always be with them [as their God].  He will wipe every tear from their their eyes, and there shall be no more death or mourning, wailing or pain, [for] the old order has passed away."   The one who sat on the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new."   ~Revelation 21: 1-5

No comments:

Post a Comment