Welcome to Lift Your Heart With Smiles!!

I'm so very glad you took the time to stop by. This is a place where I hope everyone can find something to lift their heart. Be it a photo, an inspirational note, a story that helps us laugh at those not-so-funny moments in life or something to help lift our spirits and our faith.


Thursday, April 8, 2010

Two Incredible People...

One year ago today (April 8, 2009) my Mom joined my Dad in Heaven to be together forever in the arms of our Lord Jesus.  They met in 1943, married in 1945, raised 5 children and celebrated their 62nd wedding anniversary before Dad passed.  If I could have chosen my parents from any of the people in the world, I still would have chosen these two wonderful and loving parents.  They were both hard working, caring and loving.  My Mom had a strong faith and made sure her children did as well.  She taught us to pray, laugh, to always do our best, to treat others as we would want them to treat us and to find enjoyment in every day.  My Dad taught us respect, to never give up - "where there's a will, there's a way" should have been his motto.  I watched him many times fashion a tool out of scrap metal with a cutting torch or his welder to accomplish what he needed to do, whether it was working on a vehicle, drilling a water well, working on the house or mining for gold in the hills.  They both welcomed any and all visitors to our home as if they were family.  They kept a fresh pot of coffee and often fresh baked sweet breads or pies and a pot of beans on the stove in case anyone dropped in.  Everyone who came to our house, day or night, was offered something to drink and something to eat.  No one ever left hungry - unless they chose to.  In later years, after I was grown they often felt more like my best friends than parents.  They were incredible dancers and when they danced it was like watching a couple gracefully glide across ice.  Quite often when they danced, especially a waltz, other dancers would stop and back away to the side of the dance floor just to watch Mom and Dad dance.  Through out the years, they both taught us to love life, love each other, as well as others and most inportantly, to love the Lord.  Now just 2-1/2 years after Dad's passing and 1 year after Mom, I can smile with love as I look at their pictures because I know they will dance together in Heaven for eternity.  
Mom and Dad, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment