Welcome to Lift Your Heart With Smiles!!

I'm so very glad you took the time to stop by. This is a place where I hope everyone can find something to lift their heart. Be it a photo, an inspirational note, a story that helps us laugh at those not-so-funny moments in life or something to help lift our spirits and our faith.


Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Be Strong and Courageous

"Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."  ~Joshua 1:9

I took this photo last summer and was able to walk slowly and quietly to within 30 feet of this beautiful deer.  She knew I was there, but was courageous enough to remain where she was.  Somehow she knew I wouldn't cause her harm.  When I am afraid and worried, I think of this wonderful verse from the Bible and I remember this deer, who was not timid or afraid even though most deer would have been.  She had the courage to face her fear and overcome it.  That's what I try to do each day.  If I am worried or fear something or someone I take a deep breath and remember that I cannot have fear or worry if I have my faith.  In the words of Psalm 27:1, 14 "...whom shall I fear?  the Lord is the stronghold of my life - Of whom shall I be afraid?..."

No comments:

Post a Comment