Welcome to Lift Your Heart With Smiles!!

I'm so very glad you took the time to stop by. This is a place where I hope everyone can find something to lift their heart. Be it a photo, an inspirational note, a story that helps us laugh at those not-so-funny moments in life or something to help lift our spirits and our faith.


Sunday, May 2, 2010

Love...

Love is a strange emotion.  It can build us up or bring us down.  It can make us happy, sad, angry, strong or weak.   There are many kinds of love.  Love of a spouse, love of another family member, love of a friend, love of a pet and of course Love of God. There are even times when we find ourselves in a position where we must love enough to let go.

As I look at my life and the lives of people I know, I see all types of love.  I know I have and will continue to love people differently in my life and I have even had to love enough to let go.  When the situation is happy this emotion can be the most wonderful and fulfilling emotion in our life.  It can give us a feeling of completeness in our lives.  However, love can also bring us great sadness and at times anger.  When love is positive it can grow like a beautiful flower, but when it is not, it can destroy.

When we love God and do our best to always follow His ways in every way, our love for others in our lives is very positive, happy and fulfilling.  Now I'm not saying that there may not be times of sadness or times when we need to let go, but if we keep our love for God strong, He will help us through those times.   That is His love for us working in our lives.

"What will separate us from the love of Christ? 
Will anguish, or distress, or persecution, or famine....
No, in all these things we conquer overwhelmingly 
through Him who loved us."  
~Romans 8:37
~
"For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor present things, nor future things, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature will be able to separate us from the love of God, in Christ Jesus our Lord."  
~Romans 8:38
~
"We know that all things work for good for those who love God, 
who are called according to His purpose."  
~Romans 8:28

No comments:

Post a Comment